Marilyn Monroe - Van-Go 5D Square Diamond Painting
Diamond painting is an easy and enjoyable activity for crafters young and old. Based on the same concept as mosaics and paint-by-numbers, diamond painting uses tiny “diamond”-like facets to create colorful designs and patterns for finished designs that sparkle. Applying the diamonds is a simple three-step process that is meditative and relaxing, providing hours of enjoyment as you re-create your design. Diamond painting kits are available in a variety of sizes and styles from simple to elaborate so crafters of all skill levels can find a project to enjoy.
- Canvas printed with design chart
- Colorful diamonds
- Diamond applicator tools (tweezers with or w/o applicator)
Tips and Tricks
- Review your chart and legend carefully before you begin. The packages of diamonds are labeled with the color name or number, but it might help to also label the bag with the symbol used for that color. This will help you quickly identify the correct color as you work.
- Your fabric design chart should be covered with a protective plastic film. When you peel back this plastic film, the chart area will be sticky. It is recommended that you do not remove the entire piece of plastic at once. Instead, slowly peel back the plastic film as you work. If you take a break from your project, re-cover your work-in-progress with the plastic film to prevent your project from gathering dust or drying out and losing its stickiness.
- It is easiest to start at the bottom of the design and work your way up.
- Your kit comes with a small tray to hold the diamonds as you work. This works great when you’re working with one color at a time, which is recommended. If you prefer to work row by row, switching colors as you work down your chart, use small bowls or crafting tubs to keep the colors separated as you work. Make sure you label each tub with the color it contains.
- When putting the diamonds in the tray or bowl, take the time to position the diamonds with the flat side down. The diamonds need to be in this position to use the applicator tool.
- To prevent your tools from drying out, wrap your applicator tool with plastic and securely close your wax tub between uses.
- If your wax dries out or you lose your applicator tool, you can also use a rhinestone applier, often found by the nail polish and manicure tools.
- Dip the tip of the applicator tool into the wax or use the tweezer if there is no applicator.
- Look at your chart and determine which color diamond to use. Press the tip of the applicator tool to the rounded side of the diamond.
- Pull back the plastic film to uncover the area you are working on and carefully press the diamond onto the symbol.
- Repeat Steps 1–3 until your design is complete.
- After positioning the last diamond, lay the protective film over the top of the design. Using a rolling pin, gently roll over the design to secure the diamonds on the sticky surface.
Diamond Painting Benefits
- Clean and wholesome family fun. You and your family will be able to spend hours of quality time together without cell phones, computers, video games or the TV going full blast. Diamond paintings are great for parties, sleepovers and family get-togethers.
- Inexpensive and easy to learn. Talk about a great hobby! Just order your diamond painting and you are good to go. No need to invest in a lot of expensive equipment and diamond paintings require very few additional tools to complete. Besides the tools that come with every diamond painting, you might need a heavy book or a rolling pin to help flatten it out as you go along. You also don’t need any lessons to get started, just open up the diamond painting kit and begin.
- Suitable for all ages. Diamond paintings are great for kids of all ages. Once they get started and get into it diamond paintings will keep them focused for hours at a time. It’s a great way to while away a rainy afternoon with your kids.
- Soothing and relaxing. It is simply amazing how relaxing diamond painting is. It must have something to do with an immediate sense of accomplishment as each diamond pops into place as the glue from the painting takes hold.
- Thoughtful gift idea for friends and family. Want to get a friend, neighbor or a family member the perfect gift? Look no further than diamond painting. It’s unique, relatively inexpensive and will surprise them by how much fun they’ll have. Want to really blow someone away? Get them a custom diamond painting made from a photo of a special event in their lives.
- The finished product is ideal for hanging. Here’s the best part about diamond painting, you can hang the finished product proudly. Finished diamond paintings absolutely radiate, their colors pop and shine and it’s amazing how much detail they show.
✈ WORLDWIDE SHIPPING:
- Economic Shipping (Order more pay less for your shipment – Max payment 5.99$)
- Fast shipping to USA (Usually 7 to 28 working days)
- International shipping: (Up to 60 working days) depends on the country.